The Sustainability Index
The Sustainability Index shows how futureproof healthcare systems currently are based on five elements that matter the most: Access, Health Status, Innovation, Quality and Resilience
- Access is the extent to which medicines, treatments, diagnostics or other technologies can be accessed by the people who need them.
- Health Status evaluates the population’s actual health status and outcomes.
- Resilience considers the ability of a health system to meet the population’s needs in the future and the resources which ensure adaptability to innovation.
- Innovation assesses investments in developing new transformative medicines, treatments or technologies by both the responsible authorities and the private sector.
- Quality measures the strength of healthcare delivery, taking into consideration the methods of implementation of healthcare solutions.