The Breast Cancer Index
The Breast Cancer Index takes a closer look at the patient journey through the lens of one disease. This index score shows how systems support breast cancer patients at five stages in the patient journey: Prevention & Diagnosis, Treatment, Outcomes & Survivorship, Patient Focus, and Palliative Care.
- Prevention and Diagnosis evaluates the actions taken by healthcare systems to prevent and better diagnose breast cancer.
- Treatment assesses the availability of healthcare solutions necessary for the treatment of breast cancer.
- Outcomes and Survivorship evaluates the survival rate and outcomes of diagnosed breast cancer patients.
- Patient Focus follows the ability of a health system to meet patients’ needs throughout the patient journey.
- Palliative Care focuses on evaluating the end of life care of breast cancer patients and assesses health system solutions to improve the quality of life for the terminally ill.